Welcome to the Dollard Soccer Club, on behalf of the executive board, executive committee and office staff I hope to answer some general questions.
1. CLUB LICENSING PROGRAM - In 2017 Canada Soccer moved to develop a Club Licensing Program through which to classify its approximate 1700 affiliate non-profit soccer clubs. The Licensing Program aims to assist affiliate organizations at community level in Canadian soccer in their growth and evolution, while identifying levels of sophistication and organizational capability that allow the activities of clubs to be matched to their capabilities. The Canadian Soccer Association has developed a number of guides that outline what is considered to be best practice in soccer club management. These guides are being used as a basis for assessment of clubs in their fulfillment of criteria required to fit the profiles of the four categories (National, Provincial, Regional or Quality) of classification issued under the Club Licensing Program.
2. AFFILIATION FEE - A yearly membership fee, starting May 1st to the following year April 30th. Members will now see the breakdown of the fees paid to Canada Soccer, Soccer Quebec, Lac St. Louis and Dollard Soccer Club. These yearly affiliation fees in the past were included in the registration fee the member paid when registering for the summer season. The affiliation fees will be charged to the member when registering the first time during the affiliation period between May 1st and April 30th the following year.
3. FIELD CLOSURES - We are constantly working with the city officials to ensure the natural grass fields are only closed when it is absolutely necessary, the policies that are in place ensure that Dollard-Des-Ormeaux maintain its fields; they are ranked as some of the best in Quebec. City employees will evaluate the saturation of water in the ground and will decide whether the grass may be played upon regardless if raining or sunny. Please do not call the office for field closures; you should consult the DDO web site at the following link. https://parcs.ddo.qc.ca/en/etatinstallations/Parcs/ete
4. EYE GLASSES - Regular eye glasses are not permitted on the soccer field during games or practices. When referees are introduced in the games at the age of 7 years old (U8) players will be asked to remove regular eye glasses in order to play. The only acceptable solution is sports glasses offered at any optometrist office. This is the only solution to ensure the safety of all players on the field and honor the conditions of the blanket insurance policy of our club.
5. SHIN GUARDS - Shin guards are mandatory in accordance with IFAB regulations and must be covered.
6. OUTDOOR SOCCER SHOES - All players must wear outdoor soccer shoes when playing on outdoor fields. Regardless of the player's age group.
7. PROOF OF VACCINATION - All players 13 years and older must provide proof of vaccination in order to register for any soccer acitivities.